Miami Personal Lines Insurance Attorney
Procedures that unreasonably delay the payment of valid claims are a bad faith practice by insurance companies. Unfortunately, for some insurance companies, engaging in bad faith practices is sometimes the rule..
Experience and Commitment
Attorney Michelle Niemeyer has worked with insurance-related matters since graduating from Boston University School of Law in 1991. She represents policyholders who become involved in disputes with their insurance providers. Ms. Niemeyer handles every part of your dispute, including investigation, strategic planning, and the final disposition of your case, whether negotiation or litigation. Some examples of Ms. Niemeyer's personal lines successes include:
- Convinced the homeowner's insurer of a local celebrity to pay for the insured's defense in a lawsuit for which the insurer had denied coverage, avoiding costly litigation;
- Obtained a groundbreaking legal ruling, allowing a bad faith claim to go forward while the coverage dispute proceeded, resulting in a favorable settlement in excess of the policy limits to homeowners whose insurer walked away from repairing their home after their alternative living expense coverage was exhausted;
- Settled a claim for mold damage to a valuable waterfront home for more than the policy limits, plus the full available limit for alternative living expenses;
- Obtained a ruling rejecting an insurer's claim that it was not responsible for defending homeowners whose gun had been taken by their son and used, by someone else, in a shooting. The suit by the victim was ultimately settled and paid for by the homeowner's insurer at no cost to the homeowners.
- Resolved several Hurricane Wilma boat and property claims for the amounts owed to the insureds pursuant to their policies, plus the cost of repairing delay-related damage and attorney's fees.
- Prevailed in obtaining coverage for several disabled professionals whose insurers cut off their disability coverage, claiming they were no longer disabled.
Michelle M. Niemeyer, P.A. offers individualized attention to her clients' needs. She uses professional resources and cutting-edge technology to develop and manage your case. She is hands-on and in constant contact with her clients throughout the duration of their cases. Her track record of successful cases includes
- Homeowners Property and Liability Insurance Disputes
- Condominium Property and Liability Insurance Disputes
- Boat and Marine Insurance Disputes
- Bad Faith Insurance Practices
- Auto Insurance Disputes
Michelle Niemeyer's experience will get results. Contact us to schedule a consultation.